Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker,
Entrepreneurial Project: (grades 4-12) :
The Murray State University Center for Economic Education will sponsor
its annual Entrepreneurial Fair on campus May 15, 2007.
Students who complete their entrepreneurial project can:
• learn all economic and consumerism core content items
• demonstrate increased initiative and self-confidence
• acquire practical skills and learn to solve problems
• learn about real world business
• expand their vocabulary, improve their social skills, and apply core
When: Thursday, March 1, 2007 from 4:00pm to 7:00pm
Where: Ponderosa Steak House, 127 U.S. Highway 68 (Exit 47 off
Purchase Parkway. Travel east on Highway 68) Draffenville, Kentucky
To help teachers
prepare for the Fair, this workshop will provide training and materials
needed to participate. There are several financial incentives for the
teachers and students to participate.
Each workshop participant will receive
• Opportunity to receive a $75 teacher stipend if they offer an
Entrepreneurial Fair in their classroom or school. An additional $3 per
business teacher stipend to organize their Fair. A $3 per business
budget for their students.
• Opportunity for classroom assistance to help organize the Fair.
• Hands-on training using the FREE curriculum that has been aligned with
the Kentucky Core Content in Economics, Consumerism, and Math
• Certificate for three hours of professional development credit
• Buffet dinner at the Ponderosa Steak House
February 27. Space is limited and pre-registration is mandatory!
Please register today
with your name, school, grade taught and subject area and e-mail address
Registration closes Tuesday, February 27, 2007
There is NO charge for attending this workshop.For more info..